Friday, June 21, 2013

Spirit of '76 Vignette by Fife & Drum

Update: here is the vignette painted. I will have to ink and grass the base tomorrow. Click to enlarge.
Spirit of '76 Vignette will be given away with each purchase at our Historicon booth, July 18-21, 2013.

Well I have to say that Richard Ansell has outdone himself this time with these latest little gems that I just received today from our caster. That's right, you wanted it, you've asked for it, and now you've got it: the Spirit of '76 figures are now available from Fife & Drum Miniatures. We will be giving the figures away at our booth at Historicon with each purchase. So buy one bag of figures and you get the Spirit of '76 vignette included with your purchase at no extra cost.

I am really excited at how nice these figures turned out. Each figure has separate arms in order to facilitate the casting of the figure. However, the hole sockets are very deep and the arms are easy as pie to glue onto the figure. I rolled out a little sausage of green epoxy putty and placed the smallest little dab of putty into each socket, then one tiny drop of super glue, press the arms together, and Presto! You are done. I will prime and paint these guys over the weekend, so check back here around Sunday to see how they look painted.

We are also going to launch a Kickstarter Project next week and the Spirit of '76 vignette will be included as one of the rewards that backers will receive when they back our project. The Kickstarter Project's aim is to provide the funds that we need to add British and Continental light dragoons to the range.

Exciting days are ahead as we plan a major expansion of the Fife & Drum Miniatures range: both in figures and in more artillery equipment. The possibilities are endless and the future is bright.

5 comments:

  1. It is a little gem, and a great idea. I´m very interested in your kickstarter and those Light Dragoons...

    And I received the package with the figures; they really nice models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my bag I'm afraid - but what a wonderful evocation of a painting.

    Well Fritz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb little set and an excellent job on the painting.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not normally a fan of kickstarters, but in this case I will be looking forward to reading the details. I'm after some light dragoons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow very nice. I would love to get my hands on one of these.

    ReplyDelete