Friday, August 26, 2022

52 Weeks To Historicon - the Sudan Project

 

NEW PAGE ADDED TO THIS BLOG - CHECK IT OUT!

Here is just a quick note to let everyone know that I have added a new page to this blog. If you look at the top of the page, underneath the headline picture of Frederick the Great, you will see a "Home" button and a "52 Weeks to Historicon 2023" button that takes you to page two of this blog.

My regular posts will continue to be on the Home Page so that part doesn't change. The "52 Weeks, etc." button will have a weekly update on my Historicon 2023 game preparation. My Historicon game will be "Khartoum!" in case you haven't figured that out yet.

So every Friday or Saturday I will post a summary of what I did or accomplished for the Khartoum game. Blogger does not seem to allow me to post more than one post on the second page so the weekly summary is one very long post. You will have to scroll down to the end of the post each week to read about the progress. I will likely add some additional pages as the weeks pass by because 52 updates in one post is going to be difficult to follow. I may divide the 52 week period into quarters or thirds, which will allow me to shorten the overall length of the post

CAMEL CORPS WEEK UPDATE

Camel Corps week is going very well as of today, Friday. I have painted 12 camels and 6 riders are completed and glossed. I have 6 more riders to finish and hopefully they should be finished by this evening.

I did an inventory of the number of dismounted Camel Corps figures that I have and the number has grown to a staggering 64 figures! My plan is for each soldier to have a corresponding soldier riding a camel. When the Camel Corps reaches a destination or is forced to dismount for the purpose of fighting, then I will remove the mounted camels from the table and lay out the dismounted figures on the table. I will place maybe 6 camels laying down in the center of the Camel Corps square to represent the camels of the regiment.

So I will have 40 mounted Camel Corps by tomorrow, which means that I have another 20 to 24 mounted CC figures to paint. I may limit the CC to 60 figures (15 figures on each side of a square).

1 comment:

  1. This is going yo be a very good project to follow Jim. The game will be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete