Sunday, September 3, 2023

Devil's Den

 

My ACW table for 54mm figures. Devil's Den is at the far left corner of this table.
Cigar Box Battle Mats


I was doing a little bit of terrain shuffling around on my ACW game table yesterday. I set up a certain type of period terrain on my game table and then I leave it up for several weeks or even months sometimes. Then, every so often I will add a little bit of something here and there to tweak things and change the look.

The other day I was looking at my collection of rocks that I use for terrain and immediately thought of adding a Devil's Den type of feature on the table.

Confederate artillery battery deployed near the Redd Farm next to Devil's Den.



A couple of curious Zouaves from the 114th Pennsylvania Regiment decide
to go poking around in those big rocks up ahead.



A drone's eye view of Devil's Den

Moving in a little closer, we see that the area is infested with rebels.


A close up view of the rebel defenders.


All of the rocks shown in these pictures were found while I was walking my dogs over the past several years. I will often carry a small plastic bag (well, other than the ones used for picking up dog poop) so that I can pick up any interesting rocks or twigs. These rocks were too big, so I returned to the site later and carried them home with me. Life goes too fast to slow down, so be prepared when you go for a walk with your dogs.


I have some more new finds that I will post within the next day or two, so visit my blog again soon.



1 comment:

  1. The table looks great Jim and I too keep an eye ouf for stuff whilst on walks or gardening etc.

    ReplyDelete