Sunday, September 29, 2024

That's not an Artillery Battery. This is an artillery battery!


This is an artillery battery!

A Prussian artillery battery of seven cannon. Most of the figures and equipment
are from Minden / Fife & Drum Miniatures. Some of the limber horses and the 
riders are from RSM Miniatures.

I had a lot of fun making this "little" presentation of a Prussian artillery battery in the Seven Years War. When I paint a Prussian cannon and crew, I also paint a small stand of two helpers with drag ropes. Eventually I will also paint a limber with a team of four horses and a rider. Because all of the bases are 60mm wide I can fit two, three, four or more gun teams together that fit like pieces to a puzzle.

I wanted to depict the idea that there is a lot of stuff going on behind the cannon when an artillery battery is set up. So I added a row of squares behind the stands of drag rope men in order to put some distance between the cannon and the ammunition wagon. The limber team for each gun is placed on the other side of the ammo wagon, sort of out of harms way.

That's not an artillery battery:

Crocodile Dundee


That's not an artillery battery.


ccc



3 comments:

  1. Wisenheimer that I am, I once asked, upon meeting an Australian speed-skating friend of my wife's for the first time, if he had a knife. To his credit, he chuckled, but the question clearly caught him off guard. Sonja, of course, caught on quickly. We still laugh about it 20+ years later.

    An amazing work of modelling by the way!

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive, a great set up and so much to see and admire, really superb.

    ReplyDelete