Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Picture of the Day: AWI Hessians

 


Here, above, is a picture of some of the Fife and Drum Miniatures American Revolution Hessians. The sculpts were done by Richard Ansell.

Here is the same unit in my Guilford Courthouse game a few years ago at the Seven Years War Convention in South Bend, Indiana.


The AWI Hessians mix in very well with my SYW Prussians and can provide a different look if you are getting tired of the same old Minden Prussian marching poses. The AWI Hessian grenadier and musketeer figures are some of my favorite figures in the entire Minden/Fife and Drum figure range and I use both of the firing line sets in my Prussian army.

Below, here is a picture of the AWI Hessians in firing line poses used as a SYW Prussian regiment. I have also used the Hessians as Austrians.



Here are the AWI Hessian musketeers painted as (Left to Right) Russians, Austrians, Prussians and Prussians. I call it "Conversion By Paint".





ccc

4 comments:

  1. Very impressive! I used Fife & Drum for my Trenton regiments. Rall, Lossburg and Knyphausen regiments. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely figures, I really like them and you have shown they have a variety of uses too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Hessians. Paint conversions work particularly well for the 18th C don't they?
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they do. I’ve also used Minden French light infantry to make Austrian grenadiers in a firing line.

    ReplyDelete