Monday, December 8, 2014

Wounded In Action - Going On Medical Leave


General Forbes is wounded near Fort Duquesne. Diorama at Fort Ligonier.

I will be undergoing surgery tomorrow to fix my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my right wrist. I am sure that there will be a certain amount of post operation discomfort for a few days and I don't know how soon I will be allowed to type, paint or pack figures. Hopefully, I won't be out of action for more than a week.

This will be a good thing in the long run as CTS can be very painful and discomforting and the surgery has a high success rate. We shall see.

Blogger won't seem to let me edit the picture or add captions. So the top picture depicts General Forbes being carried in a litter after being wounded near Fort Duquesne. The bottom picture depicts the officers mess at Fort Ligonier. Both pictures were taken at Fort Ligonier in 2013.


Officers' Mess Hall at Fort Ligonier





25 comments:

  1. Herr Alte,

    Best wishes for a speedy and thorough recovery.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the surgery goes well and you will be in even better painting form soon afterwards.
    Best wishes,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the procedure goes well and the recovery is quick and filled with excellent reading material and more wargaming plans!

    cheers

    Carlo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chin up old chap. We'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch.
    Best wishes for a successful operation and a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jim.

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plan to catch up on some reading and watch a lot of DVDs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best to you from all here in the Duchy of Tradgardland.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for a successful Op and a good recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the op there Jim.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the operation, also diagnosed with CTS and arthritis early this year, not the best for painting. Got the Austrian artillery thanks. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    Meic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jim,
    Hope all goes well, and you're on the recovery fast track in no time. Tom

    ReplyDelete
  14. No doubt you will return to the fray with renewed vigour. Best wishes
    Chris G
    http://notjustoldschool.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. By now the deed is done, Jim I hope all went well & a speedy recovery. Best wishes, Rohan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The procedure is done and other than a dull throb in the wrist, I'm ok and resting. I'm working my way thru my collection of historical movies, watching Kelly's Heros and the Great Escape today. I'll watch Waterloo and The Duelists tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. May your recovery continue apace and without undue event.
    Best regards,
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  18. best wishes Jim,

    hopefully not too long!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Got my Austrian artillery---perfect jewels!

    Good luck with the surgery - no typing but plenty of time thinking about that Russian range!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ioannis: I'm looking forward to seeing how you paint your Austrian artillery equipment

    ReplyDelete