Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas From Hesse Seewald

Christmas Tree 2014 at Schloss Seewald

Der Alte Fritz and Mrs. Fritz and Lady Emma Cuddlestone-Smythe wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. May your day be filled with family and friends along with plenty of food and other holiday merriment. If you can't be with family and loved ones, pick up the telephone and give them a call. You will not regret it.

*******

Now on to the important matter of things wargaming, and specifically, my ability to pick up a brush and paint figures. It is still a no go for painting as I can feel a dull twinge in my wrist when I try to paint. I have nothing to base this on, but my guess is that it will take four to six weeks post-surgery before I can feel comfortable sitting at the painting table for anything more than five minutes.

Perhaps I should take advantage of all of this new-found time and clear off the game table of all of the junk that seems to collect there and set up a solo AWI game. I wanted to do Cowpens in January 2015, but I lack the proper cavalry figures for both sides and I can't paint the 3rd Continental Dragoons or the British Legion cavalry. However, I can substitute other painted cavalry that I have and still play the game, so that is probably what I will do.

******

I had hoped to reach my goal of posting 100 entries on my blog in 2014, but it appears that I will come up short by about 7 or 8 posts, even if I do one post every day through the end of this year. The wrist surgery set me back a bit and I don't see the point of doubling up on the blog entries each day in order to hit a meaningless number. So whatever I finish with is what I get, and I'm ok with that.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Great tree and Merry Christmas to you and yours from all at the Duchy of Tradgardland!
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tree and lots of good looking presents! May you and yours have the Merriest of Christmases and the Happiest of New Years!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas also from the upper Rhine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Jim to you, Mrs fritz & Lady Emma! Have a great FEstive season, & go carefully with your recovery - make haste slowly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Happy Holidays to you too.
    Simmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmas Old Fritz,and Thank you for your inspirational posts throughout the year. May the new year bring you a speedy recovery and have you set for campaign season!

    Regards,
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see Santa made it to your home. Have a Happy and Productive New Year...Bill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take a rest, sometimes, Alter Fritz. You need some pause. Your blog is always worth a visit, 100 posts or 78 or whatever.
    I wish you and your family in Hesse-Seewald a happy new year, health and happiness!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete