Saturday, February 3, 2024

Graham Cummings - RIP

 

From left to right: Gary Phillips, Graham Cummings (standing), me and Des D.
Photo taken by Robbie  at one of the Wild Geese weekends in Kenilworth.


Yesterday I was shocked to hear the terrible news of the passing of Graham Cummings. I got the news from Paul R. via Facebook. Graham's family had posted the news on Graham's Facebook page.

I had an inkling that Graham's sudden illness was very serious, you can read about it in the very last blog post that Graham made on his Scotia Albion blog. Scotia Albion blog However, I had not realized how serious the virus was.

Graham and I worked together in the miniatures business due largely to the fact that both his Crann Tara and my Minden / Fife and Drum figures were created by the same sculptor, Richard Ansell. Graham was the UK representative for a part of my figure ranges. I got to finally meet Graham at the first Military Gentleman gathering at Partizan around 2015. He picked me up at the train station and we drove over to Griffin Moulds to see how our miniature figures were made. I had a good opportunity to get to know Graham better and realize what a fine fellow he was.

Graham, we will miss you.


a

3 comments:

  1. What a great loss to the hobby and to his family. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this news and am so saddened and shocked. During the last year or so of Graham's time running Crann Tara I had started to collect his beautiful figures scupted by Richard Ansell. I literally fell in love with the range, and Graham was such a great person to deal with, and provided absolutely top notch customer service. I was just one of his many customers but he would always take the time to email responses to any questions I had. Condolences to his family. What a loss to the wargaming community. Rest in peace Graham.

    Neil Grigor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jim. Graham was a cracking bloke. I knew him a long time both through work and wargaming. He never had a bad word to say about anyone.

    ReplyDelete