|Don't mess with Chips the Wonder Cat by playing any of the songs on the list.|
It is Selection Sunday, that time of year again when I release my annual list of the 12 worst Christmas songs that we all hear over and over again on the one radio station that plays Christmas songs. This year we have a Selection Committee comprised of Mrs. Fritz, the Princess Fritz and me, the Original Fritz.
We have some big changes in the list, compared to last year, with a couple of songs making the list for the first time. In this #MeToo era I had to add a newcomer to the list: Baby It's Cold Outside. You know what I'm talkin' about. See the You Tube version of the song from the movie - YIKES! The committee added another newbie when we heard this song on the radio just this very morning - "All I Want for Chistmas is a Hippopotumus."
A few of the songs on the list moved down in the ranking. I added last year's rank after the song. It's not that they are any less objectionable to me or the selection committee, but there are others that annoyed us worse.
So with further ado, let's look at the horrible 2018 Twelve Daze of Christmas song list.
1. Dominick the Donkey (3)
2. I Want a Hippopotumus for Christmas (new)
3. Last Christmas - by Wham! (1)
4. All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey (2)
5. Baby It's Cold Outside (new)
6. Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt (4)
7. Jingle Bell Rock - various artists (6)
8. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree (8)
9. Have a Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives (7)
10. Frosty the Snow Man - Jimmy Durante (10)
11. Christmas (Baby Come Home) - Mariah Carey (9)
12. Santa Lost a Ho (5)
* I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Michael Jackson (11)
* So This Is Christmas - John Lennon
* Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Day - Paul McCartney (12)
* I don't know the name of the song but it's a group sing that sounds sort of like "We Are the Children"