Thursday, March 26, 2015

I Have To Miss the SYWA Convention this Year

It is with much regret that I have to announce that I will have to cancel my attendance at this year's Seven Years War Association Convention in South Bend, Indiana on Friday and Saturday of this week.

There has been an incredible increase in projects at work over the past month, and as a result, I am totally worn out and I am ill prepared to take on the task of loading my car with all of the Minden inventory and all of the figures and terrain that I would need to bring to host two war-games from two different eras (AWI and SYW) and thus two different sets of terrain.

In a word, I've been burning the candle at both ends and adding all of the convention work would be the final straw that breaks me. I really hate to miss the convention, but Life and my health have to come first.

I might try to attend on Saturday, just as a visitor and not a vendor or game judge, but even that is about 50-50 of even happening.

Several Minden customers were going to pick up some orders at the convention. I will ship your orders to you this week.


7 comments:

  1. I know that missing this event will upset you but you need to allow yourself to just rest for a bit and not stress about it.

    Your health and well-being must come first. Give yourself a "time out" and just unwind as best you can, sir.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This exciting hobby of ours have a way of consuming ones time, and I can only imagine what it means to also carry ones own miniature range too. I'm sure you will get nothing but respect for the work you're already doing for the hobby, and understanding for your need to also rest up.

    Best wishes
    Søren
    Stockholm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the "business" side of things takes up more time than I had ever imagined. I think that trying to host a game and be a vendor at the same convention was too much for me.

      Delete
  3. It always stinks when you can't do the things you love, especially because of work. We work to live though some would have us live to work. Unwind and enjoy the slow time at home.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet without the work, the fun things would not be possible. Finding the right balance is the key to low stress and high happiness. :)

      Delete
  4. Completely understandable, Jim, you have to put your health and family first. When you start doing otherwise your hobby becomes an obsession. Take care. Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tom, your comments are appreciated. :)

      Delete