Sunday, June 28, 2026

Lt. Colonel Charles Mawhood

 


Lt. Colonel Charles Mawhood
Fife and Drum Miniatures


Here is a picture of the command stand for the British commander at the Battle of Princeton, Lt. Colonel Charles Mawhood (pronounced "Ma-Whooo-D"). One of the books that I read mentioned that his dog accompanied him into battle. 

The mounted officer is the Fife and Drum Miniatures Briish mounted officer wearing a round hat. The dog is from one of the Perry Miniatures AWI vignette sets of figures.

I have not done the snow basing for the command stand yet.

Click on the link to the brief biography of Mawhood on wikipedia.

Charles Mawhood Wikipedia bio

ccc


9 comments:

  1. Death by gallstone, eh? That's one hell of a way to go after a military career.

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but at least he had the love of a good dog

      Jim

      Delete
  2. An excellent figure, not just because of the good doggo. I'm quite intrigued by that structure in the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The building is the gun powder building at Colonial Williamsburg. Herb Gundt made this for me along with a model of the Courthouse

      Jim

      Delete
  3. He looks great. Love his trusty dawg.
    I'd go for 'ma-wood' myself.
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming, just charming .
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gallant officer and a fine vignette
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete