Thursday, February 28, 2019

French Personality Figures: Broglie & Chevert



Lt. General Chevert (left) and Marshal de Broglie (right)

CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE

I commissioned the painting of some of the new Minden Miniatures personality figures to use for advertising and trade stand purposes. Normally I paint my own figures, but I wanted to go the extrea mile for display figures so I went with a very good professional figure painter.


Another view of Broglie (left) and Chevert (right)



Grenadiers de France mounted officer (using the French officer in bearskin cavalry figure)

French Kettle Drummer
I am very pleased with how these figures turned out, both in terms of sculpting by Richard Ansell and by the professional painter. The painting really brings out the best in Richard's sculpts.

I guess that I will have to start building a French army for these gentlemen to command.


8 comments:

  1. They are lovely figures Jim, you should be very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouthwateringly good. . . Blast! I'm going to "need" Chevert and de Broglie for my own growing collection of general and staff vignettes. Steady on though. Must leave something to ask wife and child for ahead of a birthday next fall and Christmas 2019.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.
    The gold lace and fringe on Chevert and de Broglie is really quite stunning.

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  4. De Broglie is my favourite French general from the 7YW, he showed how well a French army could fight if well led!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent figures Jim. I might have to ask you to bring some over when we meet up in the summer in Kenilworth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top notch job (and uniforms!), the French Kettle Drummer is absolutly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to Colin's comment Jim, making a list for Kenilworth.

    Happy gaming,
    Willz Harley.

    ReplyDelete