Saturday, October 27, 2012

71st Highlanders - Kings Mountain Miniatures

New King's Mountain Miniatures - 71st Highlanders painted as the 42nd Highland Regt.

Comparison of King's Mountain figures (3 on the left) with some Fife & Drum Guards (2 on the right)

I have painted a few samples of the new AWI Highlanders that Bill Nevin has commissioned for his own use. The figures are designed to be compatible with Perry Miniatures AWI, but as you can see in the second picture, above, that they look fairly close to my Fife & Drum figures in overall size. The King's Mountain figures are a little bit taller and their heads are bigger. I painted one Perry Hessian Jager and he is noticeably heftier and taller than the King's Mountain figures. I don't know if this is a fair comparison, based on only one Perry figure. It might be that their jagers are bigger than their British line figures. I don't know. I do think that all three ranges should work well together on the same table, as long as you don't mix the ranges into the other's units.

Since I won't get around to adding Highlanders for some time yet, I plan to use Bill's figures to create a regiment of the 42nd Black Watch Highlanders in my own AWI army.

No comments:

Post a Comment