Monday, February 2, 2009

Lobosch Hill

The second phase of my Lobosch Hill terrain feature for the Charles Grant Lobositz game was completed this evening. Sunday night I glued all of the foam pieces together. Monday night I tried out the hot wire carving tool and hacked away at the edges of the foam in order to make it look more like a hill and less like a wedding cake.

I should have stopped there, but I had the bee in my bonnet to start painting and spackling the darn thing, so that's what I did. I should have painted the entire foam board first, with a base coat of brown paint. But instead I pitched into smearing spackle all over everything and about an hour later, I was done with the painting and spackling phase of the project. I will let it dry overnight and perhaps dry brush some tan paint tuesday night, if the hill is sufficiently dry. It should be, my basement get so dry that all of my lichen dries up in the winter.

I will post pictures tomorrow, but it's late and I need to get to bed, and besides, the hill looks like a blancmange right now, if not a wedding cake. Its appearance will improve after the dry brushing and the flocking is completed.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you painted the bottom as well . . . both for strength and to reduce warpage.

    -- Jeff