Saturday, December 9, 2023

Mindens at Mollwitz

 

Converged Austrian grenadier battalion marches under the 
watchful eye of their general.

I thought that I would post a few pictures of my Seven Years War collection of 1/56 scale Minden Miniatures Austrians and Prussians. The pictures were taken at my Mollwitz game at the 2023 SYW Assn. Convention.

I have been working on painting some samples of the new Minden SYW Russian cuirassiers that were recently added to the range. However, I am finding it difficult to adjust to painting 28mm figures after painting nothing but 54mm figures over the past 18 months. I will just have to power through the mental difficulties and break through the wall. My painting skill will hopefully return soon.



Austrian army advances on to the battlefield.



The Prussians are on the move too.



A grand cavalry melee is the epitome of fighting in the Seven Years War.


mm

6 comments:

  1. Excellent photos Jim, thanks for sharing.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking troops. And look forward to seeing the new Russian Cuirassier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes swapping scales is a problem , I've painted 40 and 54mm mostly this year and dropping back down a scale to 28mm is a bit of a shock - don't even mention 15mm !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do your limbers come from? I'd like to include some in my nascent SYW collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The limbers are from the Fife & Drum range. Limber horses are available too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grand cavalry melee is very impressive, as are all your photos! Thanks for posting.

    Old Pretender

    ReplyDelete