Ye Olde Painting Brushe has gotten more of a work out lately as I switched back to painting SYW figures last week. I was in a bit of a painting slump lately, but figured that the men in tricorns would get me going again. That proved to be the case as I finished off a 60 figure battalion of IR18 Prinz von Preussen regiment over the weekend. The battalion is comprised of my own Potsdam Miniatures and they turned out rather nicely, if I do say so myself. And I do.
No pictures yet - I want to get them based and flagged before putting them in front of the camera. I am trying to get into the habit of terraining and basing new units immediately after finishing the paint job so that I do not end up having to base several hundred figures of backlog the night before the next wargame.
I also whipped out a 12 figure set of Baden Jagers for the Napoleonic wars, circa 1806-1807. These are the new Pontoonier Miniatures that I discovered at Historicon this year. All green and black with no other colors makes them a little bit dull in appearance, but the figures have nice animation and were fun to work with. I put the first layer of terraining on the bases last night (spackle compound and fine gravel). Tonight I will ink and dry brush the bases and then apply static grass the following evening. I am trying out this new method of basing, and while it looks good, it just isn't practicle for large 60 plus figure regiments on 20mm square bases. So when I get around to basing the 1806 French and Prussians, I will revert to my usual one-stop terraining process.