Sunday, May 26, 2019

Croat Samples Painted

A hoard of Croats from Minden Miniatures.


I've been painting samples of Minden product codes so that every item in the Fife and Drum Miniatures web store has a picture of the product. This project has been ongoing and it will keep going for quite awhile as there are hundreds of different figures to paint.

I finished all of the Prussian Jagers last week and so now it is on to the Croats, of which three of the four codes have been painted during the holiday weekend.

Croat command pack



Croats standing pack of firing and loading poses.

Croats advancing pack.


I have the Croats kneeling pack on the painting table right now and expect to finish them today. The four Croat figure packs give me 21 figures already painted, so 3 more rankers and one officer will complete my first Team Austria unit. Later, I will paint a second Croat unit in blue coats, followed by 2 x 12 dismounted Austrian Hussars.


I have been basing the figures singlely on round bases with the idea that I can photograph them and then re-employ them in small skirmish game scenarios. Units will have two companies of 12 figures plus one overall officer. Thus each player will control no more than 25 figures in the game. A game will likely have three players per side, so that works out to about 75 figures per side.

I've been searching for a good set of period skirmish rules and after playing several published rules sets, they not being to my liking, I remembered that I had my own Croat Terror skirmish rules. I haven't used the CT rules in quite awhile, but after thumbing through them, I decided that these would work just fine and that I could easily make a few modifications for the game that I have in mind for next year's Seven Years War Association convention in March 2020.

7 comments:

  1. They have turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "Muskets and Tomahawks" rules for 7YW and AWI large skirmishes. Simple and bloody, they are over quickly and are great for demo games. They were designed for the French Indian War but work great without the Indians as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are a feast for the eyes. The yellow boots on the officer are an especially nice touch.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Croat Terror sounds interesting.....care to share a little more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Jim, I do like my Croats, they add a lot of colour to the battles.

    ReplyDelete