Tuesday, June 30, 2015

New Minden SYW Personality Figures


(L-R) Zieten, Prinz Moritz of Anhalt Dessau, Fermor, and von Browne

Rear view of the first photo. Click the photos to enlarge.


Yes, we all know that Minden figures have "personality" and grace, but these latest figures from Richard Ansell are some of the best work that he has done to date. (You should also check out the personalities that he made for Crann Tara Miniatures, including the Duke of Cumberland!).

So I have painted von Zieten springing into action on the battlefield, Prinz Moritz of Anhalt Dessau serving in the Prussian army, General Fermor of the Russian army, and Marshal von Browne of the Austrian army.

All are available for sale now.

14 comments:

  1. Jim,
    Beautiful figures. But, I'm finally on to your scheme: you make these "gotta have" command figures, which make my units command top-heavy, which means I need more figures for more units for the commanders to command. Now, having figured out what your plan is, I haven't figured out how to defeat it. So, I'll be getting these figures with my next order. Great job. Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think about all of the Russian armies that will be built as a result of the Fermor, Russian artillery and crew figures that we just added to the range. :)

      Don't fight it, give in to the Dark Side.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, the force is strong with this one. Will these be available through a UK dealer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely personality figures (both these and the Crann tara ones). Hopefully you'll be adding some western theatre personalities to the range soon as well. I'd love to see Granby at the charge, the erbprinz, Broglie or Sporken added to the range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The French marshal figure could be used for Broglie. I plan to add some western theatre SYW personalities, probably in 2016.

      Delete
    2. Great news. Looking forward to seeing them.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous figures and some lovely brushwork.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must sit down and catch my breath!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clearly the work of a master sculptor and master painter! Bravo to you both, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, a very fine collection of personalities - exactly what I need to, in 40mm... Fantastic miniatures, Alter Fritz, my compliments!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete