Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Little Wars: Packed and Loving It





Well I've got the car all loaded and ready to roll to Little Wars Thursday morning. I don't know how I crammed so much stuff into our SUV (below), but I did it. I had to put the Thule roof top pod on the old Volvo in order to carry terrain and game mats. I seem to have filled every square inch of space with boxes and stuff, but I have this nagging feeling that I could still be more efficient in how I pack everything. This trip to Little Wars is a test run of sorts to help me figure out how to transport everything to far off Pennsylvania this summer for Historicon.


Volvo XC-60 before all of the boxes are packed. Wish I had a Chevy Tahoe instead - more room.


The roof pod is a must for this trip.

Some packing of baggage of another sort:


By the time this post "posts" on my blog it will be Thursday morning CST Chicago time, but I'm about to hit the hay and go to sleep. The good thing is that I don't have to do any packing, save for a duffle bag of clothes to wear during this trip.


See you all at Little Wars!

4 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to seeing your game on the blog Jim. I have no doubt that it will be quite spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck Jim, you have put a great deal of effort into your project. By the way, good choice of car, far safer than some Chevvy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will teach you to buy some "posey" European car, lol😝 I think an "after" shot of the car, packed to the gunnels, would have been good as well....I can recall having my own SUV (Qashqai and then CX5) filled up with various boxes, transporting figures the two hour drive to our groups annual week long wargaming retreat....hopefully we get to do it again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting all this. Since I couldn't attend the convention and play in the game this is a great substitute.

    John

    ReplyDelete