Wednesday, May 20, 2020

International Shipping Information for Fife & Drum and Minden Orders


Customers in Europe have been reporting back to me that it is taking up to four weeks for their packages to arrive once they have left Fife and Drum headquarters.

I asked our local post office why this is so and they informed me that there are significantly fewer airplanes available to carry cargo from the United States to Europe (and presumably other countres too). Airline companies have reduced the number of flights during the pandemic due to the lack of business - that is, people are not flying overseas and cargo carriers do not have enough demand to justify operating their full fleets.

I will send you the US Postal Service tracking number for all shipments going outside of the United States so that you can follow the progress of your package.

The postal service also told me that if a package does not find an airplane within approximately four weeks, then the package is returned to the shipper (that would be me).

My policy has always been to replace lost or severely delayed (6 weeks or more) orders free of charge and I will continue to do so during the pandemic crisis. If you have not received your package after four weeks from the shipping date, then send me an email to report the problem and a replacement order will be shipped to you.

I should add that I am very appreciative of the orders that are coming in from customers all over the world. I will always strive to get your order to you and to "make things right" if there are any shipping issues.

OUT OF STOCK ITEMS:

There are a number of items that are out of stock due to the fact that our caster has been shut down during the stay at home orders in Britain. However, Griffin Moulds recently reopened and is back to casting orders, so now I can reorder those items that have gone out of stock.

5 comments:

  1. Jim,

    Thank you for taking the time to research the issue and let us know what is going on. In these strange days, communication is vital.

    Thank you for all you do. We appreciate you very much.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Bill.

      BTW, deliveries within the USA are running normal.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Jim. My latest order arrived yesterday, having had to pay customs duty on it. Notification that it was here was on Monday when I paid the duty. It's taken longer than normal by about ten days. The important thing is that it has arrived.

    Many thanks for getting it in the post as soon as you could.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the update on the delivery time. This information is very helpful.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jim, Any idea when the AWI bro’s it’s how unit deals will be back in stock in the store?

    Rob

    ReplyDelete