Monday, February 22, 2016

New Austrian Hussars

Baranyay Hussars in Austrian Service
I finished basing the Austrian hussars that I have been working on over the past week or so, the Baranyay Hussars. This is one of my favorite hussar units due to the color combination of dark green and sky blue with red trim. It was the very first wargame unit that I painted circa 1986, originally with RSM figures, now replaced with Minden Miniatures.


Minden Austrian Hussars painted as the Baranyay Hussars

A view of the full regiment

This brings my Austrian cavalry contingent up to par with my Prussians, just in time for the SYW Association refight of the Battle of Kolin.


ddd

10 comments:

  1. Very impressive and nicely painted unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim,
    It shuldnt work as a colour combination, but it did. A lovely unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these units. Some very painstaking brushwork, and lots to admire, like the highlighting on the busbies (I think that's what the fur hats are called). The backdrop is pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the charge pose with sabres forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a stunning combination of color and movement.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb brushwork! No one can beat the colours of the Austrian hussars.

    ReplyDelete