Sunday, November 15, 2015

Prinz von Preussen Cuirassiers



CR2 Prinz von Pruessen Cuirassiers - click to enlarge.


I finished the second squadron of CR2 Prinz von Preussen Cuirassier regiment (12 figures per "squadron" and two "squadrons" per regiment in my organization). The flags from GMB Designs were attached a few minutes ago, which means that the regiment is officially enrolled in my Minden Miniatures army.

First Squadron - click to enlarge

Second squadron - click to enlarge.

I use a 1:20 ratio of figures to men so my cavalry regiments are a bit under strength at 480 troopers. I really should have 32 to 36 figures per cavalry regiment which would yield 640 to 720 troopers in the regiment. Prussian cavalry regiments largely had five squadrons. If  I had five squadrons then I would need to have 6-7 figures per squadron and a 6-figure mini-squadron just does not have the visual appeal that I am looking for. So I went with 12 figures as this looked right to my eye and 24 figures was enough figures to paint as far as I'm concerned.

9 comments:

  1. Your cuirassiers look very fine, Jim! Love the kettle drummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like kettle drums too. Eventually, I'd like to add them to the French and Austrian ranges.

      Delete
  2. Lovely regiment, nice addition to your collection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always like the look of this regiment with its Yellow Coats. Very sharp looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow coats are very distinctive which is why most Prussian armies have them in their order of battle. :)

      Delete
  4. Kettle drummer makes it. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete