Friday, February 15, 2013

SYW Prussian Pioneers

Prussian pioneers - Minden Miniature figures and inn made by Herb Gundt


I wanted to post this picture before retiring for the evening - I will post some commentary about the picture tomorrow. I will have to play around with the photo as it does not apparently enlarge when one clicks on the photo. It was taken on my iPad and the original version is very large and very clear. This copy is small and blurry for some reason. Any helpful hints out there would be appreciated.

I used the Minden Miniatures generic pioneers and painted them as Prussian Pioneers in waistcoats. Presumably the coats have been removed prior to these fellows getting to work on some job. The building is a country inn in Silesia and is modeled after a Knotel drawing. Note the cute little bird house on the pole in the backyard of the inn. The powder wagon is from Berlin Zinnfiguren and is a giant 30mm model. The wagon in the back ground is scratch built by Mr. Ed Phillips.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice picture! Love the colors...
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to checking all the detail out with the bigger picture.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Alter Fritz - a fantastic scenario, very well chosen composition! I noticed, that you painted the "Pulver Wagen" in a different colour as your former wagons - here in brown wood instead of the blue. Looks good! Do you found any source for that? I plan to paint also one of this wagons and would like to be sure.
    Thank you!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter: I just happened to paint it that way. I think that I saw a picture in the book, "Kanoniere Bombardiere Pontoneiere" by Martin Guddat on page 35 (yes I just confirmed that) and it looks like the carriage is a "wood" color and only the cover and a few wood pieces are painted blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Alter Fritz; this source I didn´t know! I will look for that. Thank you for the help!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete