Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Tiberius Canis


Ty is highly focused on the love of his life, Mrs. Fritz

We got the biopsy back on Tiberius ' ("Ty" for short) and he has hermangia, cancer of the blood vessels. And while the doctors removed all of the cancerous tumor several weeks ago, we were told that Ty has a particularly aggressive form of cancer and that tumors  can return at any time.

Ty is given 2 to 3 months to live in all likelihood. With some medicinal treatments his life could extend 6 to 12 months. So we are going to give that a try, but we are not going to do chemotherapy due to the side effects. We will bring Ty back to the vet on a monthly basis to monitor the cancer and to be able to make an informed decision as to when to put Ty down.

For now, Ty seems to be his happy old self. He has a good appetite again and he is raring to go on longer walks again, but the vet told us to start with short walks and let him build up to doing longer walks.
Ty's favorite sleeping position, on his back.

Ty always has to have a soft toy in his mouth.

This morning, I went to the post office to mail some Fife and Drum Miniatures orders, and I took Ty along with me. He was very well behaved inside the post office and everyone wanted to pet him. Golden Retrievers have that effect on people - everybody loves a Golden and they soon attract a lot of attention when you bring them somewhere.

I don't normally bring Ty with me when I'm doing errands, but this time I thought, "why not?"  I plan to take him with me more often as I do my errands in the coming months and spend as much time with him as possible.

11 comments:

  1. It's funny isn't it how they become such a part of the family. Non dog owners never seem to get how much they mean to you. Enjoy what you have because he'll always love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are like our children. They have emotions and personalities and have a relationship with us.

      Delete
    2. There is that old saying:

      "I hope to be the person that my dog thinks I am"

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures of Ty up and about again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry to hear that Jim. I expect you to spoil Tiberius rotten and why not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, enjoy him in the time remaining. He is a beautiful dog.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  5. We thought we'd see the end of our springer Danny this year. He's had four strokes but you'd never know. Lots of TLC, a good Vet and the old boy's still got plenty spring in him yet. He's going to be around for a while yet and so I hope will Ty be with you. When the time comes, you'll know it. Til then every day's a bonus to be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear this but Ross has summed it up well.

    regards
    John

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about Ty's prognosis, I hope you all have fun each day you have together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jim,
    I am so sorry to learn this.
    Best Wishes for everyone and prayers too.
    Respectfully,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete